Hi there! I’m John Sexton. Thank you for visiting my website! Below I am going to give you a little bit of personal information about me, and after that I’ll outline of my professional experience and skills.
I currently reside in Titusville, Florida. If you haven’t heard of it before, it’s where NASA and Kennedy Space Center is located. Whenever there is a shuttle or a rocket launch, I’m able to see them from my front porch. It is pretty amazing to see first hand.
I have one doggo. Lina is a Yorkshire Terrier. I have four cats. Their names are Kevin, Babo, Elmo, and Cruiser. All of my cats are evil. My most well-behaved pets are my chameleon named Gordon and my fish.
Living in Titusville means I’m pretty close to the coast. I love being near the water, mostly because I enjoy fishing. Whenever the weather (and my schedule) permits, I try to take the kayak out to find a remote area in one of the lagoons to catch bull redfish and gator trout. I dream of owning my very own fishing boat one day even though I’ve heard all of the horror stories of being a boat owner.
I’m a pretty big nerd when it comes to tech. I am very interested in topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, virtual and augmented reality, 3D printing, and home automation. I’m always interested in new internet technologies as well as computer and mobile hardware and apps. My most recent tech interest has been building powerful gaming PCs and live video broadcasting.
Alright, let’s get on to the professional stuff.
- Director of Media Production and Instructional Technology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL 2019 – Present
- Instructional Technologist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL, 2015 – 2019
- Instructional Technologist, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, FL, 2012 – 2015
- Lead Instructional Design Assistant, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 2010 – 2012
- Instructional Technology Assistant, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 2007 – 2010
- M.A. Instructional Design & Technology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 2013 – 2015
- B.A. Digital Media, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 2005 – 2009
Web Design Skills
Learning Management System Skills
Instructure Canvas, Blackboard Learn 9, Desire2Learn
Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Panopto, Tegrity, Kaltura, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Connect, Adobe Presenter
- ERAU Work Environment Quality Council, May 2018 – Present
- Director of Marketing and Outreach
- Greater Titusville Renaissance Young Professionals, Jan 2015 – Present
- Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) UCF Chapter University Staff Advisor, Aug 2006 – Aug 2015
- TKE UCF Chapter Alumni Board of Advisers, Jul 2011 – May 2015
- TKE UCF Student Chapter Leadership, Jan 2007 – Dec 2009
- UCF Student Conduct Review Board Member, Apr 2011 – Jul 2012